MADALAH will act to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) under the Privacy Act (which can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/) and any applicable industry privacy code.
We collect and store in a secure manner, the following personal information:
- name, phone number, email address and other information you voluntarily submit through one of the website forms;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from https://www.madalah.com.au and advertising data (although you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users personal information to:
- provide our services;
- customise users experiences, measure interest in our services, improve our services and inform users about services and updates;
- communicate and customise marketing and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe browsing and enforce our policies.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety (for example, if you submit false contact details or impersonate another person, we may pass your personal information to any aggrieved third party, their agent or to any law enforcement agency).
We are committed to the protection of personal data. Once we collect your personal information we will hold it in a secure manner, using all reasonable measures to ensure all personal data is kept secure at all times.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under our control. We ensure all physical and electronically held personal data is kept in a secure manner that is only accessible to persons who are authorised and who have agreed to the same or similar duty prescribed by the Australian National Privacy Principles. We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure.
Access, Modification, and Deletion
Contact us to review any personal information we store that is not available on https://www.madalah.com.au. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. Destruction of all personal information is done in a secure manner to ensure deletion and de-identification of information.
We or our service providers may place “cookies” (a “cookie” is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer) and “web beacons” (a “web beacon” is an electronic image, called a single-pixel or clear GIF placed in the web page code) on your computer when you visit portions of https://www.madalah.com.au. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session, for example, when you close your browser. We may use permanent or session cookies to help analyse our web page flow, customise our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser, but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
Links To Other Websites
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box (if one is available) that you can tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Privacy Act 1988. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email the above address. If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please notify us via email as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy information handling practices and policies, or a hard copy of this policy, or you wish to exercise your right to make a correction, complaint, request access to, or deletion of, any information which we have collected about you, please contact us at:
Shop 7/1-7 Dundee Street
Leeming WA 6149
Phone: 08 6153 0753
We will attend to your matter within a reasonable period after your communication is received and if access to information has been requested, will give access to the information in the manner requested by you, for a reasonable fee where it is reasonable and practical to do so.
We encourage all of our stakeholders to contribute towards the development of this Policy and to challenge any non-compliant or ineffective practices.
APPROVED: 1 October 2023
This Policy will be reviewed every 12mths to ensure its appropriateness, accuracy and value